The Forensic Evaluation has been designed by our expert medical and clinical staff to provide a comprehensive evaluation to assess the nature, extent, and etiology of a client’s deficits, estimate damages, analyze a client’s current functional status in relation to the pre-injury level of function and post-injury presentation and evaluate the potential for improvement.
The Forensic Evaluation can be useful to:
- Plaintiff attorneys who are trying to estimate damages.
- Defense attorneys who must evaluate the extent of the claim and potential for improvement.
- Workers Compensation and liability carriers who must assess the extent of a patient's disability and potential for improvement so that appropriate reserves can be established.
Objectives of the Forensic Evaluation are to:
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of pre-injury status.
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of post injury function.
- Identify all factors contributing to current presentation.
- Make recommendations regarding further treatment, if indicated, that will improve function.
The Forensic Evaluation is particularly useful to:
- Estimate damages.
- Prepare a comprehensive settlement demand.
- Clearly identify strengths and weaknesses in functional/real world settings.
- Comprehensively evaluate a claim and set reserves.
- Identify malingering or symptom magnification.
- Identify medical and rehabilitation treatment interventions that may maximize the patient's daily functioning.
- Document the level of support and supervision needed to ensure adequate function.
FINR has worked with attorneys on a national level and is happy to consider each case on a contingent basis through a Letter of Protection. If you have a case that you feel is appropriate for the Forensic Evaluation, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will provide a comprehensive review of medical records at no cost to you or your client.