Dedication to promoting public awareness of neurologic injury and the needs of survivors is paramount to our Mission Statement.
Types, Causes, & Prevention
- Learn about the different types of neurologic injury
- Learn about how individuals acquire a neurologic injury
- Explore methods for the prevention of neurologic injury
- External links for more information on neurologic injury, statistics, and prevention
Testing & Treatment
- Understanding and interpreting the results of Neuropsychological testing
- Explore the different types of diagnostic testing performed after an injury and what the tests are used to determine
- Neuro ICU, an explanation of the intensive care unit
- An in-depth explanation of Neuropharmacology and its relevance to neurologic rehabilitation
- Understanding Behavior Analysis, how it is utilized, and why it’s beneficial
FINR Educational Materials
- Explore our interactive 3D brain model
- Learn about areas of the brain and how they are affected by injury
- See different types of injuries to the brain
- An explanation of Family Education & Training as provided by our expert medical and clinical staff
- View the available CEU & Informational Inservices provided by our experts. Request a presentation for your location.
- Written by experts in neurologic injury and rehabilitation, our Understanding Brain Injury books provide easy to read information relating to the structure and function of the brain, explanation of the effects of injury, assessment and treatment methods, family adjustment, and a glossary of terms.
- Now Available on the iBookstore as an Enhanced iBook.
- Pocket-sized Coma Scale Cards with the Glasgow Coma Scale and the Rancho Los Amigos Cognitive Scale as well as an explanation of these rating scales.
- Outcome Studies
Glossary of Brain Injury Terms
- Explore terms and acronyms commonly used relating to neurologic injury, diagnosis, and rehabilitation.