Referrals & Admissions Process > Suggested Items to Bring to the Vocational Rehabilitation Facility
The following is a list of suggested items to bring upon admission to the Florida Institute for Neurologic Rehabilitation,
Loose, comfortable clothing, casual shirts, shorts, exercise clothing (jogging shorts, t-shirts, sweat shirts, warm-ups sweat bands), swim suit, casual pants and shirts dresses for outings, socks, underwear, jackets, raincoat, robe, sweaters.
Two pairs of sneakers, casual shoes, dress shoes, slippers (optional).
Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, comb/brush, bar soap, shampoo / conditioner, electric shaver / razor, dental floss, hair dryer, and other personal hygiene needs.
Wallet (no credit cards), loose-leaf notebook and writing materials, alarm clock, inexpensive wrist watch, stationary, medicines and prescription glasses (if applicable), address book. Linen and towels will be provided.
Clients are also encouraged to bring the following:
- Any insurance cards (to be copied for our records) including insurance / dental plans
- Two copies of insurance claim forms and dental claim forms
- Any available medical records, immunization records and dates
- Any educational records and previous treatment / clinical records
- Any medications or prescriptions — a 72-hour supply of medicines is requested
- A list of three emergency contacts and their telephone numbers
- Guardianship papers — if legal guardian has been appointed
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of personal physicians (dentist, ophthalmologist, gynecologist, neurologist, etc.)
It is strongly recommended that the client not bring any of the following items: stereos, televisions, personal computers, audio-visual equipment, and camera equipment.
Since FINR is not responsible for the loss of any items brought by clients, all clothing and items should be clearly marked to prevent confusion among clients. Clothing is best marked with laundry markers. FINR is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of personal property. Please do not bring valuable articles with you since the program cannot be responsible for any loss or damage. The client must assume responsibility for property brought to the Facility. Important papers, credit cards, or other articles may be kept in our safe if they cannot be sent home.