Sub-Acute Rehabilitation > Sub-Acute Rehabilitation Admission Criteria
Survivors of traumatic brain injury and neurologic injury are referred to SMRC @ FINR on a national level. Individuals are qualified for admission individually on a clinical, medical and financial basis.
Family members and other concerned parties are encouraged to tour the program prior to admission in order to make informed placement decisions. SMRC assists in lessening the financial burden placed on family members by absorbing some of the costs associated with travel expenses, meals, and overnight accommodations.
The Admissions Department is available to assist all concerned parties with any questions. For assistance in making a referral, please call (800-697-5390) and ask to speak to a Referral Coordinator. During non-business hours, please ask the operator to transfer you to the on-call Referral Coordinator.
- Neurologic dysfunction
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neurologic Injury/Disorder
- Central Nervous System Injury (as result of):
- Closed or penetrating head injury
- Central nervous system disease
- Brain tumors
- Cerebrovascular accidents
- Exposure to neurotoxin
- Metabolic disorders
- Anoxic/hypoxic encephalopathy
- Varied encephalopathies
- Medically stable
- Reasonably expected to benefit from rehabilitation
- 16 years of age and above